POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cracked texture : Re: cracked texture Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cracked texture
From: SamuelT
Date: 24 Jun 2000 15:55:05
Message: <395512D5.67AEA550@aol.com>
If you're using megapov, you could #declare a pigment to be used as a normal,
like so:

#Cracks=
 function{
  pigment{ spherical
   pigment_map{
    [0 rgb 1]
    [1 crackle color_map{[0 rgb 0][.5 rgb 1]}]
   }
  }
 }

#object{ Headstone pigment{rgb 1}normal{function Cracks} }

This should make the cracks start from a center point, and then become just flat
further out. Just a simple idea that can be expanded on.

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom

Visit my isosurface tutorial at http://members.aol.com/stbenge